JU-SET-Engineering Courses : Achievements
The Jain University School of Engineering & Technology has been performing remarkably in the different arenas of academic and co-curricular activities where the students and faculty are working as a team to create a benchmark. JU-SET provides the best engineering course which prepares the students academically as well as to improve their personality as a whole.
- Dr. D Pandiarajan
He has numerous awards some of which include scholarship from Swiss Government and senior research fellowship awarded by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research.
- Prof. Raghu N
He won the first prize in Inventech event for his work on “Solar Water Pumping System” at Jain University in 2013. He also won the best research paper award from ISRO.
- Dr. Pushparajesh V
He has been selected for the award of Outstanding Faculty in Engineering for his exceptional academic records, initiatives and developments in the field of Electrical Engineering, at Venus International Faculty Awards-VIFA 2018. This award recognizes the extraordinary teachers who have demonstrated excellence in engaging their students in Inspiring - Innovative - Path breaking ways to ignite their potential'.
- Dr. Thangadurai
He was awarded Bharath Excellence Award - 2017 from the former Governor of Sikkim for the outstanding performance in Academics and Research. He also received recognition from VGST, Govt. of Karnataka for his research publication.
- Prof. Mr. Vinay Kumar SB, Ms. S Priyanka, Ms. Sruthi Samyuktha Sathyan and Mr. Faraz from Department of ECE has formed a team and participated in Women's Education Project
India presents “Hack4Her” in association with “TechGig & Random Hacks’ of Kindness India and received appreciation for the idea- “Yes she Bleeds!”.
- Ravinder Singh Kuntal and Kokila Ramesh
They have published a research paper on "Heuristic Approach to Goal programming problem for Animal Ration Formulation” in International Journal of Engineering and Innovative Technology (IJEIT), October 2013. ISSN: 2277-3754 Volume 3, Issue 4, Impact Factor: 1.895
- Radha Gupta, Jothi Lakshmi, and Manasa Chandan
They have published a research paper on “A Study of Livestock Ration Formulation, using Goal Programming and Random Search Technique for global optimization" in International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Research Technology (IJESRT) 2(9): September, 2013, ISSN: 2277-9655 Impact Factor: 1.852
- Anita Chaturvedi, Radha Gupta, and O.P. Misra
They published a research paper on “Effects of Temperature on the Existence of Resource Based Predator-Prey System: Modelling and Stability Analysis” in International Journal of Engineering Sciences & Research Technology (IJESRT) 2(8): August 2013, ISSN: 2277-9655 Impact Factor: 1.852
- Mr. Manjunatha K N, Mr. Kiran B, and Mr. Prasanna Kumar.C
A team of Assistant Professors of the Department of ECE of JU–SET published a research paper on "Design and ASIC Implementation of a 3GPP LTE Advance Turbo Encoder and Turbo Decoder" in International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications.
- Mr. Vinay Kumar S.B and Miss. Manjula N Harihar
Assistant Professors of the Dept. of ECE of JU–SET published a research paper on "Diameter-based Protocol in the IP Multimedia Subsystem" in International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering (IJSCE).
- Mr. A.S. Mohammed Abdul Athick
Assistant Professor of the Dept. of Civil Engineering, secured First Rank with Gold Medal in M.Tech. Remote Sensing & GIS from Bharathiar University, Coimbatore in November 2010. The M.Tech course is a collaborative course between DRDO-BU CLS and DRDO SASE, Chandigarh
- SET-JU basketball team was awarded 3rd place in REVELS -2018, an intercollegiate fest organized by Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal.
- Mr. Jaidev from mechanical engineering department was awarded 2nd prize in Singing competition organized by All India Malayalee Association (AIMA 2018).
- SET-JU Girls football team was awarded 3rd place in REVELS-2018 an intercollegiate fest, organized by Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal.
- Mr. Viswanath Kolavennu from 4th semester Mechanical Department was awarded 2nd place in Quiz Competition organized by American society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), Delhi.
- Mr. Guruprasad from 6th semester Mechanical Engineering department was awarded certificate of Appreciation in Autobot workshop organized by Department of Mechanical Engineering SET-Jain University Bangalore. Mr. Viswanath Kolavennu from 4th semester Mechanical
- Department was awarded 2nd place in Quiz Competition organized by American society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), Delhi.
- The SET-JU Hockey team were awarded as runner up at the inter collegiate sports organized by Manipal Institute of Technology
- SET-JU Volleyball team was awarded 1ST prize and runner up in Football and Cricket in REVEL'S 2018. Students are holding trophies in their hand for respective game organized by Manipal Institute of technology, Manipal.
- ET-JU Cricket Team was awarded the runners at UVCE Intercollegiate Cricket Tournament, organized by Visvesvaraya College of Engineering, Bangalore University, Bangalore.
- JU-SET Cricket Team won the runners-up trophy in the Dr. Mumtaz Ahmed Khan inter-collegiate Cricket Tournament 2013.
- Renuka Prasad, ECE student of JU-SET outshined with his new initiative - DARC.
- Ajay Marshal, a student of JU-SET was felicitated for his stupendous achievement by the Federal Mogul (Goetze) India Limited. New Horizons Group also honored Ajay for his commitment towards the work.
- Raju G.T. (B.E - CSE seventh semester) won the bronze medal in (75 kg category) the VTU Inter-Collegiate Powerlifting Competition held at the National Institute of Engineering, Mysore on 4 and 5 November 2011.
- The Aero Modeling Team of Techno Sapiens secured 3rd position in the event ‘SWATKATS’ held during Quark 2010, the National Innovation Festival of BITS Pilani, Goa Campus from 5 to 8 February 2010.
- A team of 25 students of Techno Sapiens took part in Asia’s biggest Technical Festival of IIT Bombay, TECHFEST, 2010. Four teams achieved certificates of excellence. Overall, this was an excellent opportunity as the students got a chance to compete with some of the best talents across the continent.
- A team of 5 students of Techno Sapiens took part in the event, Robowars, held during IIT Kanpur Technical Festival, ‘TECHKRITI’. With an exceptionally well performance, the team secured a place among the top 10 teams.
- The Theatre Team of ADVAYA won all the appreciation for their exceptional performance at the grand finale of ‘ABHINAYA’ the National Level Theatre Festival organized by Centre for Management Studies, Jain University. The Team won an award for Best Lighting and Prajwal Gowda won the Best Supporting Actor award.
- Nithish S, an eighth semester Information Science student won the National Excellence Award for the Best Critic for his work on Jayanth Kaykini’s ‘Amruthaballi Kashaya’ and ‘Dagadu Parabana Ashwameda’ organized by Bendre Trust.
- Vivek N S, another eighth semester Information Science student presented his paper titled “A Dictionary linked optical Character Recognition System for Type-written Kannada Documents” under the guidance of Mr. Santhosh Naik from the Dept. of ISE at the International Conference on Computing, Communication and Information Technology Applications (CCITA-2010) organized by VLBJCET, Coimbatore from 21 to 23 January 2010.
- The college Football Team participated in the Karnataka State Football Association Tournament and qualified for the semifinals.
- Prathyusha B S of seventh semester from Information Science & Engineering branch secured fourth Rank in the VTU Exams.
- Nithish S of seventh Semester from Information Science & Engineering branch secured tenth Rank in the VTU Exams.
- A fourth semester ISE student Nidhi Shekhar was a part of the International Technical Extravaganza -Quark 2010 that took place in BITS Pilani, Goa Campus from 2 to 8 February 2010 and bagged the third position in one of the events “Swat Kats”.
- Ravi Theja Muthu, a sixth semester Mechanical Engineering student was chosen from a highly selective pool of applicants to lead the Indian subcontinent in the “The World People's Conference on Climate Change and the Rights of Mother Earth” that was a gathering of the Government Senate and held outside the city of Cochabamba, Bolivia from April 19–22, 2010. . Ravi made it to “The Hindustan Times’ Brightest Young Climate Leader 2010” held in New Delhi on 25 and 26 February 2010. He is also a British Council “International Climate Champion”. The Vice Ministry of Exterior Commerce and Integration of the Ministry of Exterior Relations invited Mr. Muthu as one of the delegates to attend the meetings, which took place under the framework of the “World People's Conference on Climate Change”. The government of the Plurinational State of Bolivia also granted a COURTESY-VISA.
- Arjun Rai –sixth semester ECE student, Phaneendra – fourth semester CSE student, Vishal – second semester ECE student, and Abhishek – second semster ECE student bagged the second place (Runners-up) at Kreedostava Sports Meet organized by B.M.S. College of Engineering, Bangalore.
- Mr. Aniruddh S Hukkeri, second semester student from ECE branch has won the City Final Round of Tycoons 2010 - India’s Greatest Youth Leadership Hunt (Career Launcher TYCOONS 2010).
- JU-SET Football Team won the VTU ZONAL RUNNER-UP FOOTBALL Tournament, organized by R N S Institute of Technology on 12 and 13 March 2010.
- JU-SET Football Team qualified for the quarter finals at the State Level VTU Football Tournament, organized by Malnad College of Engineering (MCE), Hassan on 22 and 23 March 2010. Four students were selected from the College Football Team to represent in the VTU Tournament.
- Mr. Rahul Kanodia, Narasimha Kashyap, Mohan Kumar, KshmaYelkan Chandrashekar, Deepu Thomas Philip, and Anitha Kanuganti were the winners of the Programming Contest conducted by “Aspirations 2020 - an Infosys initiative - The Campus Connects Contest” in 2009 - 10 and awarded a Certificate of Appreciation.
- JU-SET Badminton Team secured a runners-up position at the tournament conducted by the PES College of Business Management.
- Three students from Electronics and Communication Department won the second place in the ‘Tug of Machines’, a Robotics Event conducted by the B V Bhoomaraddi College of Engineering and Technology, Hubli.
- Team (Advaya - NBS) secured first place in MAD - ADS at the National Level Cultural Festival, UTSAV 2010 held at the B. M. S. College of Engineering on the 3rd April 2010.
- Team (Advaya – NBS) secured FIRST Place in MAD - ADS at the National Level Cultural Festival, MAYA 2010 at the PES School of Engineering held on 11 April 2010.
- Manasi Shekar, a sixth semester ECE student and Karthikeyan, a sixth semester CSE student won the first place in Prolix (Web Design Event) at MAGNETICS 2010, the National Symposium on Emerging Green Information Technologies and IT Fest held on 11 April 2010.
- Tarun Jami of JU-SET participated in the “8th Mile Bangalore Talent Hunt”, organized by R. V.College of Engineering and qualified for the finals. The talented student won the “MOST POTENTIAL TALENT AWARD” with a cash prize of Rs.1000, a Certificate of Appreciation and a book titled ”The Great Indian Dream” by Malay Chaudhuri and Arindam Chaudhuri.
- The College Table Tennis team secured the third place in PESIT Estafio Tournament held on 25 March 2010.
- JU-SET Quiz Team won the fourth place at the National Level Cultural Festival, MAYA 2010 organized by the PES School of Engineering on the 11 April 2010.
- Mr. N. Ashwin Bharadwaj, Prajwal Gowda, Nithin Shetty, Gokul.S, Shashank, and Vivek N S of JU-SET secured FIRST place in MIME at Pantheon - Inter Collegiate Cultural and Technical Extravaganza from 26 March-27 March 2010, organized by R. N. S. Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
- Basketball Team of JU-SET took part in the VTU Basket Ball Tournament at Ghousia College of Engineering, Ramanagara and qualified for the semifinals. Gokul S, a JU-SET student was selected to represent the College in the VTU Tournament.
- Two JU-SET Teams Pegasus and Vision Quest of 25 members each took part in Baja SAEINDIA 2011 held on 23 April 2010 and paid Rs. 25000 each.
- Aishwarya Jain and Jishnu Angiras, students of Department of Computer Science & Engineering won the second place in the regional finals of TCS Tech Bytes held at the SJCE College of Engineering, Mysore on 26 April 2010.
- Ishanee Venkatesh presented a paper titled “Smart Grid - A Custom Technology” during Impulse 2k10 at BIET, Davanagere held on 27 March 2010.
- Nithish S, an eighth ISE semester student and Kiran Kumar, a sixth semester ECE student secured first place in Kannada Debate competition at the 11th VTU Youth Festival held at Dayanand Sagar College of Engineering from 26 to 29 2010.
- Shashikant Aswath and Nitya Sood have participated in UTSAV - 10 and secured fifth place in TASK RACE held on April 1, 2010.
- Pradeep S N of ISE eighth Semester and Mangalam M of r Mechanical Engineering second semester were selected as the Best Batsman and Man of the Finals during the T20 Cricket Tournament.
- A team of 30 students from ADVAYA won many accolades in the 40th National Level Cultural Festival, OASIS, held at BITS, Pilani, Rajasthan from 22 to 26 October 2010.ECO BRIGADE Team of fifth semester Mechanical Engineering students Ravi Theja M, Vishnu M J, Syed Rehmatul Ayan won the OVERALL CHAMPIONSHIP in the Inter-Collegiate Climate Science Quiz 2010 organized by the Divecha Centre for Climate Change, Centre for Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, Indian Institute of Science, on 3 November 2010 at the J N Tata Auditorium, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India.
- Yamini D Rao, fifth semester CSE student secured a Bronze medal at the 13th VTU Intercollegiate Athletics Meet 2010-11 organized by Adichunchangiri Institute of Technology, Chikmagalur held from 27 to 30 October 2010.
- TECHNO SAPIENS Team won multiple prizes in the Annual Technical Symposium, ENGINEER conducted by the National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal held from 22 to 25 October 2010.
- JU-SET Team gave an exceptional performance at the grand finale of ‘YUVDDHA’, Karnataka’s biggest inter-college challenge for stardom, organized by Airtel and Nokia in association with Radio Mirchi.
- JU-SET Basketball Team won the overall championship at the District level DASARA tournament held at Ramanagara, as a part of Dasara Kreedakoota.
- As a part of Dasara Kreedakoota, JU-SET Hockey Team won the overall championship at the District level DASARA tournament held at Ramanagara.