With a changing landscape of the global IT Industry, the technology has always been accompanied by change. A mix of skills is required for corporates to deliver better value to their customers. Training and upskilling can give employees increased and more diverse skill set, meaning they can take on additional responsibilities while supporting their own career progression.
Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- Candidates who have passed the B.E/ B.TECH / B.Sc. IT/ BCA- or any technical degree program and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects of all the years / semesters of the Degree Examination is eligible to apply. (45% of marks in Qualifying Examination in case of SC, ST)
- Relevant work experience preferred
How to Apply
Mode of application: Online only
Step 1: New User Registration
- Enter all the relevant details carefully
- An Email will be sent from Jain University to authenticate your Email ID. Kindly authenticate to go ahead for further applying process
- All the communications will be sent to your registered E-mail ID and Mobile Number. Request for change of Mobile Number/ E-mail ID/ Correspondence Address will not be entertained under any circumstances
Step 2: Filling online application form
- Provide all relevant details carefully, before submission
- Personal Information
- Address Information
- Academic Information
- Additional Information
- Upload your recent passport size (3.5 x 4.5cm) Color photograph. (Photo should be in .jpg or .png format and maximum file size allotted in 50 KB)
- Upload your 10th std, 12th std and all semester mark sheet. (Mark sheet should be in .jpg, .png or PDF format and maximum file size allotted is 100 KB)
- An application number will be generated after submission
- Refer your application number for all your future correspondence
Step 3: Mode of Payment
- Online mode through Net banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card. Application Cost is INR 1,050/- (inclusive of GST)
- Coupons can be purchased by cash at Admission Office
Step 4: Payment transaction Queries
- At the time of transaction, if the amount is debited please do not try new application. Please wait for 24 hours and try for the payment once again in the same registered Email ID
- If the amount is not debited, you can try the payment again
Do not send the hardcopy of the application form after the process of completion
- Step 1: Apply Online
- Step 2: Selection Process:
- Statement of purpose
- Personal interview
- Document verification
- Allotment of seat and provisional admission
- Provisional admissions are valid subject to submission of original documents at Jayanagar Campus and verification from the university
- Decision taken by the Admission Department / University office will be final in any condition
Mobile: +91 9845311566
- Q. What is the Eligibility for Post-Graduation Diploma?
A: An engineering or equivalent * degree with or without experience
* B.E / B. Tech / B. Sc / BCA - IT / Computer Science / Electronics / Telecommunications / Electrical / Instrumentation.
- Q. What should be my score in graduation?
A minimum of 50% (45% for SC/ST) marks in their qualifying examination
- Q. What is the age limit for this program?
A: There is no age limit for pursuing Post Graduation program.
- Q. How is the program different from others?
A: The program creates end to end skills. Beyond that, the program is designed to ensure that you develop a wide network of peers, connects with industry faculty, extensive career support - overall, an immersive and holistic learning experience!
- Q. What is the duration of the program?
A: This is an extensive 12 month program conducted on weekends. The program schedule is designed to ensure that you can successfully study alongside your full-time job too. Devoting 10-12 hours every week should be enough to graduate from the program. However, the more time you devote, the greater will be the learning from the program.
- Q. What is the format of the program?
A: The curriculum and learning experience developed in this program is designed in collaboration with reputed Academicians and Industry Leaders. The 12 months program consists of 675 Hours of learning, delivered as classroom sessions over weekends.
- Q. What Certification do I receive at the end of the program?
A: You will receive Post Graduation Diploma from Jain University along with the industry endorsed certification. The program will also thoroughly prepare you to clear external certifications, which will accelerate your career path in the respective technology. You need to pass in all the courses and get a CGPA of at-least 5.0 out of 10. All students will also receive a transcript and an official program GPA. Only students who successfully complete the program will receive the Post-Graduation certification.
- Q. What study material will be provided to me for the program?
A: The core learning will happen via classroom training at our hi-tech campus situated at the heart of the city. You will be given life-long access to a fully integrated online learning portal where all your learning materials will be uploaded. You will need to log in to the learning portal using the credentials provided and navigate through the portal as required.
- Q. Is the course online or Classroom?
A: The programs is delivered classroom mode and will be delivered at Bangalore.
- Q. About the Project?
A: The capstone project to the duration of 100 Hours encapsulates the concepts taught throughout the entire program and gives you a chance to apply that learning in an industry relevant project. This will also help you build a project portfolio that will give you an edge when applying for jobs or progressing in your current company or during job change.
- Q. Who is the Industry Partner?
A: Program is offered in association with Industry Partner’s- TalentBeing, EC-Council, Amazon and Micro Focus.
- Q. Who teaches the program?
A: A pool of the best teaching experts with relevant academic research and industry background will delivers this program. The program is also delivered by Subject Matter Experts by our Industry Partners.
- Q. How am I graded or evaluated?
A: We evaluate and grade participants on continuously based on Assignments, Live Industry Project, Assessments, Hackathons and semester examinations.
- Q. Is the program suitable for Non-Technical candidates with no coding background?
A: Yes, the program is suitable for non technical students also. If you can think analytically; you love math and you can work hard, you will succeed in this program.
- Q. Why is foundation module required?
A: This module is designed keeping graduates in mind and for experienced professionals with no programming or databases experience. For experience professionals with relevant technologies, this gives you the chance to revisit topics you are not confident about. You will be provided with assessments, projects and additional reading material to beef up your knowledge before the main program begins.
- Q. What is the Admission process?
A: The admissions process is simple and customized to meet your educational and professional profile. Following are the key steps in the application process:
Step 1 - You must apply for the program on our website. The application form will capture information related to your educational and professional experience.
Step 2 - Post application, the suitability of your profile will be evaluated. Personal Interview to be conducted.
Step 3- Shortlisted candidates will receive a provisional admission offer. Final admission offer will be granted upon payment of the program fee and successful submission of the required documents.
- Q. Do I need to have a Personal Computer / Laptop?
A: It is preferred if you have a personal laptop/computer as this will give you administrative access and the rights to install software needed in the program.
In addition, below are the recommended hardware specifications:
||Min. Prescribed Specification
||Core i3/AMD A6
||Core i5/AMD A8 and above
|Hard Disk Capacity
|You will also need around 50 GB free hard disk space during the course of the program.
- Q. When does the course commence?
A: The Course commences in June. Admission Process starts in the month of January.
- Q: Infrastructure Facilities available?
A: Fully equipped classrooms with adequate capacity to accommodate students and state-of-art labs to explore your computing skills are available.
- Q. Learning Environment?
A: Jain University draws upon the cream of academia and industry for providing cutting-edge inputs in the domain. A wide range of pedagogical approaches is deployed. The learning environment is further stimulated by use of technology such as Application Software and with streaming data. Students are provided with internationally benchmarked courseware. Additionally, the library is exclusively dedicated towards deep learning with an up-to-date collection of books and scientific journals. Book reviews, films related to experiential learning through interactions with industry experts complement the learning process.
- Q. Industry Interaction?
A: Jain University invites number of industry leading practitioners for interaction with the students of Post Graduation program to provide their insights and share their experiences. This platform provides an opportunity for students to have a practical exposure.
- Q. What is the key differentiator (USP)?
A: Jain University offers industry relevant Post Graduation Diploma in (Big Data / Cyber Security / Cloud and IoT) which is designed, delivered and endorsed in collaboration with industry partners. The curriculum creates blended learning environment, with hands on experience which is internationally recognized by a dual certification.