A Webinar on Emergency
30 June 2020
The National Level Online Webinar on “Emergency” was conducted by School of Engineering and Technology, Jain (Deemed-to-be University) in association with Civil Defence on 29 June 2020. The event was for all the students, Research scholars and faculty members of various institutions. This webinar has been developed to support your role during an emergency.
The speaker of the session was Sri S Mohan Rao, Honorary Divisional Warden, Karnataka Civil Defence Corps, Bangalore. He is experienced in Banking and Finance, having served in the field for about 40 years in various capacities.
This event was a wonderful learning experience for all the NSS volunteers as it provided the opportunity to encounter novel things in Civil Defence. Everyone present showed great enthusiasm and participated actively, to making this webinar a success. It was a nice experience especially for the NSS volunteers and also other participants.
Some of the topics included are:
- Understanding emergencies
- Expectations on Mayors in an Emergency
- Relevant sections of the Civil Defence Emergency Management (CDEM) Act 2002
- Declaration of a state of emergency – How to and why
- Powers during a state of local emergency
- Your role, and its challenges, as a Mayor in emergencies and response
- Transitioning to recovery