Workshops & Seminars
Upgrading knowledge with the latest technologies is must for every generation. Practical and personal experience is the uttermost requirement of the today’s workplace. So, the department organizes workshops, seminars, and industrial visits for students as these improve knowledge base of the students. Thus, a unique program that involves communication with the expert panels, helps to give new direction to the raw innovative ideas of the students. We strategize and develop such an interactive curriculum to nurture the students of a new technological era. Thus, Jain University as one of the top universities in Karnataka, provides new opportunities to be a shining star of the future.
Technical workshops provide a real workplace environment to students, where they enhance the level of their understanding. This helps them to know how to resolve workplace issues within limited resources. For better education & training, we provide the best technical support system.
It is highly difficult in a student’s life to get in touch with mentors on one to one basis. Seminars act as the platform to get the best industry outcome where experts share their knowledge and experiences. Undisclosed facts and workplace issues remain no more hidden and recruiters revert back with a lot of excellent feedback which boost our morale to work better than ever.
The experience of industrial visits always remains memorable for students as they get the real demonstrations to resolve issues. Assistance with demo solves their on-site queries & develops better analyzing skills to optimize resource usage. So, Jain University School of Engineering & Technology regularly plans industrial visits for the engineering students to get authentic experiences.
NPTI Hot Line Training Centre Somanahalli
Supa Dam and Kali River Hydel Power Plant
Pioneer Hydel Power Plant, Shivana Samudra
Powerone Data, Smart Meter Testing Facility
Industrial Training at L & T Low Voltage Switch Gear, Coonoor
Industrial Training at Koppal about Major Maintains Of Power Transformers
Satellite Communication and Space Systems by N. Prahalad Rao, Director Satellite Communications and Navigation Program, ISRO Bangalore
Transformer Design and Development by Mr. Ramaswamy, Sara Consultancy, Bangalore
Workshop on Design and Development of Transformer by Mr. Ramaswamy of Sara Consultancy Bangalore
- Guest lecture on Recent Trends in Power System Operation and Control by Mr. Vetrivel K, Assistant Director, National Power Training Institute (NPTI), Bengaluru
- Guest lecture on Reactive Power Management in Power Systems by Mr. M N Murthy, Principal Director, NPTI
- Guest lecture on Renewable Energy Sources and Grid Integrations by Mr. V Suresh Babu, Assistant Director, NPTI
- Guest lecture on Electrical Clearance and Safety Issues was organized by Mr. Gururaja Rao, Deputy General Director (Retd.), Power Grid Corporation of India
- Guest lecture on Satellite Communication and Space Systems was organized by Mr. N Prahlad Rao, Director, ISRO HQ, Bangalore
- Guest Lecture on Introduction to Transformer Technology, Design & Development by T.V Ramaswamy and T.Venkatesh, Sara Consultants, Bangalore
- Guest Lecture on Recent Trends in Earthing Practices by Mr. H. Jaya Kumar, Joint director (Retd.) CPRI, Bangalore
- Guest Lecture on Basics Of Energy Management and Energy Auditing by Mr B Venkata Subaiah, Deputy Director, NPTI/PSTI, Bangalore
- Technical talk on Philosophy of High Voltage Engineering by Dr. K N Ravi, Prof. & HOD Sapthagiri College of Engg., Bangalore, and Dr. V. Muralidhara, Vice-Principal, SET, Jain University
- Guest Lectures on Lightning and its Effects on Humans, Power systems, Electronics and aerospace vehicles by Dr. G R Nagabhushana, Former Chairman, Dept. of High Voltage Engineering, IISC, Bangalore
- Technical Lecture on Energy Conservation in Electrical Systems by Mr. V Suresh Babu, Assistant Director, PSTI, Bangalore on 18th March 2014
- Visit to Sunrise Power, 3 MW mini hydroelectric plant, Jakkasandra, January 2016
- Visit to Avni Energy Solutions Pvt. Ltd. manufacturer of LED lighting products, February 2015
- Visit to Pioneer Genco Pvt. Ltd. 25 MW hydroelectric plant, Shivanasamudra, October 2015
- Visit to National Power Training Institute conducted on 15th of May 2014
- Visit to Power One Data in Electronic city-2nd phase on 21st November 2014
- Visit to Munirabad Power Grid to witness the servicing of Power Transformer on 21st of September 2013
- Visit to world famous underground pioneer Hydro Power Plant in Shivanasamudra in 2014
- Visit to Solar Power Plant in Shivanasamudra on 3rd November 2014
- Visit to Sub-Station Visit conducted on 8th of August 2015, operated under KPTCL, Karnataka
Workshop on Design and Development of Transformers Conducted by Sara Consultants
The basic agenda of the workshop was to provide full hand knowledge about the transformers that are to be manufacture these transformers. Full knowledge of materials to be used in the manufacturing of transformers and its advantage over other materials.