What opportunities might it lead to?
The scope of the mechanical engineering discipline allows students a variety of career opportunities. Mechanical engineers research, design, develop & test mechanical and thermal devices including tools, engines, & machines. The designed devices serve the medical, energy, & automated manufacturing sectors. Many mechanical engineers work in general-purpose & automotive manufacturing, or for architectural & engineering service companies. Mechanical engineers also work in research and development testing laboratories.
A wide range of career opportunities available for Mechanical Engineers are:
- Mechanical Engineer - Marine/Hydraulic/Maintenance / Power Engineer
- Engineer - Mechanical Design/ Robotic/ Nuclear Operations/ Power Generation/ Tool
- Engineer/ Pattern/ Piping/ Thermal design/ Lubrication/ Automotive
- Design and Research Engineer
- Energy Conversation Engineer
- Heating and Ventilation Engineer
- Diesel Engineer - Design and Research
- Mechanical Power Engineer
- Fluid Mechanics Engineer
- Internal Combustion Engineer
- Nuclear - Designer/ Engineer/ Operations Engineer
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air-conditioning (HVAC) Engineer
- Mechatronic Engineer