Workshop on Cyber Security
16 oct 2019
School of Engineering and Technology, Jain (Deemed-to-be University) organized a workshop on Cyber Security on 11 October 2019 for 3rd semester and 5th semester CSE students. The chief guest and the speaker of the event was Mr. Balaji B G. He is currently working as a VP at Fork Technologies and has previously worked with Philips, Mindtree Consulting, Nokia, Renesas Mobile, Broadcom Renesas and ABB GISPL. He has more than 15 years of IT industry experience involving program management, product management, project management, software design and development of cyber security, communication systems, distributed computing, Cloud, IOT and embedded systems.
This workshop was organized with the objective that students will be equipped with the skills needed to become an expert in this rapidly growing cyber security domain. This program will enable the students to
- Implement technical strategies, tools, and techniques to secure data and information for your organization.
- Adhere to ethical security behavior for risk analysis and mitigation.
- Understand security in cloud computing architecture in depth.
- Comprehend legal requirements, privacy issues and audit process methodologies within the cloud environment.
- Focus on IT compliance and the integrity of enterprise systems to establish a more secure enterprise IT framework.
The workshop started with career digest where students were enlightened about the career options. Then the speaker gave live examples on the various domains available in the software and IT sector. The session went very interactive like every student was given a chance to express their interest. The student learned about cyber security theory and its important aspects and hands-on was given to the students to make them aware of the software and the terms and techniques. At the end the speaker explained the benefits of the cyber security as follows,
- Cyber security is vital for career roles such as penetration tester, cyber security analyst, network analyst, cyber security auditor, cyber security architect, forensics investigator, and many more.
- There are 2000+ cyber security jobs in India and 40,000+ in the US (Indeed.com). Cyber security job roles are expected to rise to six million worldwide by 2019 (source: Forbes, January 2016)
The median salary for a cyber security analyst is INR 418,389 annually in India (source: Glass door) and $134,000 in the US.