Department of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering and Technology, JAIN (Deemed-to-be University) is hosting a guest lecture on An Overview on 3D Printing in Additive Manufacturing Process on May 28, 2021, from 09:45 AM to 10:45 AM.
Dr. Ashok Kumar M S
Department of Mechanical Engineering
Dayananda Sagar Academy of Technology & Management
About the session
Digital fabrication technology, also referred to as 3D printing or additive manufacturing, creates physical objects from a geometrical representation by successive addition of materials. 3D printing technology is a fast-emerging technology. Nowadays, 3D Printing is widely used in the world. 3D printing technology is increasingly used for the mass customization, production of any type of open-source designs in the field of agriculture, healthcare, automotive industry, locomotive industry, and aviation industries. 3D printing technology can print an object layer by layer deposition of material directly from a computer-aided design (CAD) model. In 3D printing, one creates a design of an object using software, and the 3D printer creates the object by adding layer upon layer of material until the shape of the object is formed. The object can be made using several printing materials, including plastics, powders, filaments, and paper.
1. To gain knowledge and skills related to 3D printing technologie·.
2. To learn the selection of material, equipment, and development of a product for the Industry 4.0 environment.
3. To apply these techniques to various applications.
1. Design CAD models for 3D printing.
2. Analyze a specific material for the given application.
3. Contrast a 3D printing process for an application