Department of Electronics and Communications Engineering
The Electronics & Communication Engineering Department was started in the year 2005 for imparting quality technical education. With an academic legacy that spans for about 2 decades, the department now offers one Doctoral program (Ph.D in Electronics Engineering), one PG program (M.Tech in Embedded System Technologies), one UG program (B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering with 2 Specializations).
Why Electronics and Communication Engineering?
One of the most common questions that arise among the minds of students who wish to study engineering is ‘why to choose Electronics and Communication Engineering, among other options that are available’?. There are many statistics that are obtained from both industry and other governmental organizations that substantially advocate for this division of engineering.
We can’t imagine the world without the existence of Electronics gadgets. At the same time, it is also challenging to find the functioning of any other domain area without the involvement of these Electronics gadgets. Every year the job openings for ECE graduates grow significantly by 7% from 2016 to 2026. During the last few years, this branch of engineering has seen steady growth among other disciplines. The major driving force for the present day Information Technology revolution is the development in Electronics and Communication Engineering. This domain has now revolutionized other areas like health care, instrumentation, automation, remote sensing, signal processing and many more. By 2022, the Electronics & Communication sector in India is expected to catch USD 29 Billion consumer market. Telecommunication, industrial, and aerospace & defense, the top three market of VLSI Industry that are expected to grow to 7.23 Billion USD by 2022. This sector contributes significantly to the economy of most of the countries with much anticipated 5G technology to become widespread among public across the globe very soon.
Scope of Electronics and Communication Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering always plays a significant and crucial role in the development of current digital technology. Electronics and Communication Engineering is an applied form of science that deals with principles and practical aspects related to design and development of various everyday devices like smartphones, Smart LED Televisions, Projectors, High-Resolution Cameras, Smart Wrist Watches, Musical Instruments, Laptops, Tablet PCs, Smart Speakers, machine robots etc. The discipline concerns with electronics devices and software interfaces. Electronics and Communication engineers engage in research, design, development and maintenance of equipments, devices and systems involved in the field of communication. The ECE graduates are always needed in all Multinational Corporations (MNCs), besides considering the regular job openings from governmental departments, industry corporations, government research organizations, and Armed forces.
The students graduated from our department have become successful professional engineers working for both core and software companies such as Intel, Samsung, Maxim Integrated, AMD, Global Foundaries, Deloitte, Wipro, Accenture, Mindtree, TCS, etc.
Some of them are serving in government organizations and few of them have become successful entrepreneurs. Our students are pursuing higher education like MTech, MS, MBA and PhD in various universities in India and abroad.
Job Areas Pertaining To
- Electronics Engineering
- Communication Engineering
- Electronics Design & Development Engineering
- Computer Networks Engineering
- Microelectronics Engineering
- Control System Engineering
- Electronics Engineer
- Electronics Design & Development Engineer
- Software Analyst
- Technical Director
- Field Test Engineer
- Senior Sales Manager
- Network Planning Engineer
- Customer Support Engineer
- Electronics and Communications Consultant
- Research & Development Software Engineer
- Electronics Research Engineer
- RF Engineer
- Electronics Test Engineer
- Control Systems Engineer
- Design and Development Engineer, Electronic Systems.
- Microelectronics Engineer
- Desktop Support Engineer
- Service Engineer
Why Electronics and Communication Engineering in Our University?
Electronics and Communication Engineering at Jain University is the best among all Engineering College in Karnataka. We aim to produce quality professionals who can enter the challenging industry by carrying out Basic and Applied Research.
- The B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering program is accredited by NBA upto 30-06-2025
- Academics at UG and PG level are sustained with a Student-Faculty ratio of 1:15.
- We have eminent faculty members who served both academia and industry for a long time to support five core specializations of ECE (VLSI Design, Communication-Signal Processing, Embedded System Design, Remote Sensing and Navigation, Cognitive Sciences) in the department.
- Most of our Faculty members are with Ph.D qualification and remaining are pursuing.
- Dynamic OBE Syllabus-All the three programs are outcome based structured to meet the needs of Industry and Research. The programs syllabus are upgraded every year through BoS with the involvement of Industry/Academia experts and Alumni.
- The curriculum includes strong self-study components- Minor & Major Projects, Internship so as to develop the students’ independent analytical abilities.
- To support research across the specializations, an excellent infrastructure comprising of industry standard Software simulation environment tools for Materials, Devices and Circuits and State of the Art infrastructure are available.
- Department is very vibrant in Research activities- Currently department is Solving problems of national importance related to ISRO-IRNSS (NavIC) alternative to GPS and has received projects funds and Lab worth Rs.1.31 Crores.
- Quality Student Placements with average placements percentage stands at 85.87% for last 3 years and highest package of 26 LPA
- Overall development of students is achieved through department EvalanChE Club, Professional Bodies- ISTE, OSI and IEEE and NSS Club.
- These forums/Clubs help students to take-up innovative projects, present technical papers and organize various technical and cultural events thereby receiving a broader perspective on the professional front by providing opportunities for teamwork, leadership and service.
- The department also organizes non-technical and cultural events where in students are encouraged to showcase their talent. Our students have brought laurels to the department by representing in Technical, cultural and sports events at various universities and colleges both at national and International level.
Exclusive Labs for Research and Projects
- ISRO Sponsored NavIC Lab with projects worth Rs. 90.74 Lakhs (with 3 IRNSS Receivers worth Rs. 40 Lakhs).
- Innovation Lab Sponsored by Texas Instruments India University Program (EdGate Technologies Pvt Ltd).
- Center of Excellence in VLSI - by Cadence University Program (Entuple Technologies Pvt. Ltd).
- Cognitive Research Lab in Collaboration with SVYASA
- Makers Lab to promote Interdisciplinary project ideas of students.
Programs offered by the Department
The minimum qualification required to apply is a pass in the 10+2 examination in Science from PUC / ISC / CBSE or an equivalent board. A course recognized as equivalent thereto by the University.
Faculty of Engineering & Technology
45th km, NH - 209, Jakkasandra Post
Bangalore - Kanakapura Main Road
Ramanagara District - 562 112
+91 80 2757 7198
+91 73 3761 8222
JGI Knowledge Campus
# 44/4, District Fund Road
Jayanagar 9th Block Campus
Bangalore - 5600 69
080 4665 0130