A branch of Mechanical Engineering, Automobile Engineering department was set-up in the year 2018. The Department is boasted with well qualified and industry-vetted professionals working as faculties along with tie-ups with several automotive industries for operating knowledge dissemination to enhance each student's learning experience.
Equipped with modernized research laboratories and advanced equipment for testing and performance analysis, the practical labs at the University features computerized IC engine lab for research experiments. Each year, students are encouraged to conduct research projects and apply patents for exceptional innovations and designs.
The department of Automobile Engineering has an industry-oriented curriculum that produces outcome-based education to develop world-class automobile engineers who will serve this dynamic sector. The Choice-Based credit system works to the advantage of the students, assuring academic flexibility with versatility in knowledge so that they can compete in contemporary issues and current scenario engineering innovations. The state-of-art laboratories, exceptional research facilities, and a well-stocked library are available to the young innovators of the modern world 24/7. A team of well-qualified faculty members with a blend of rich academic and research expertise are engaged in delivering the teaching-learning process through various innovative pedagogy. Society of Automotive Engineers, Imperial Society of Innovative Engineers are some of the professional entities set up for encouraging the active participation of students in various extra-curricular events that will hone their skills as future engineers.
To create competitive technologists who can contribute in the field of design and innovations of an automobile with social and moral values
To prepare students to excel in their chosen professions by offering high-quality education in automobile engineering with fundamental knowledge, and interdisciplinary problem-solving skills
To provide a supportive and diverse environment that encourages students to achieve the best of their abilities to be innovators or job providers
To maintain a consistent and active partnership with industries for technology development and transfer through consultancy projects
To promote ethical values and leadership abilities in students to work towards the growth of the society
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
PEO 1: Graduates will have thriving careers in the mechanical and allied industries by demonstrating their skills in facing the challenges demanded by industrial and research sectors
PEO 2: Graduates can work in teams discharging social responsibilities with ethical practices as future engineers
PEO 3: Graduates are inspired to engage in entrepreneurial and professional society activities to meet the needs of society
PEO 4: Graduates will continue to expand their technical competence by developing their knowledge, skills, and engaging themselves in learning activities throughout their life
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
PSO 1: Graduates will be able to apply knowledge of design, thermal, materials, and manufacturing to solve complex problems in automobile engineering and allied areas
PSO 2: Graduates will create and implement new ideas on product/process design and development with the help of modern CAD/CAM/CAE tools while ensuring the best engineering practices
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complete engineering problems
2. Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complete engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using the first principle of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
3. Design/Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design systems components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
4. Conduction investigations of complex problems: Using research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis, and interpretation of data synthesis of the information to provide a valid conclusion
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools like prediction and modelling complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
6. The Engineering and Society: Apply to reason informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues, and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice
7. Environmental and sustainability: Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts and demonstrate knowledge of and need for sustainable development
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice
9. Individual and teamwork: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and multi-disciplinary settings
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as being able to comprehend and write reports and design documents, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions
11. Project management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s work as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects in multi-disciplinary environments
12. Life-long-learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change
B.Tech. in Automobile Engineering
Why take this course?
B.Tech. Automobile Engineering - The undergraduate program leading to Bachelor of technology (B.Tech.) degree in Automobile Engineering has been designed to help students pursue their career options in Automobile industry, Research & Development, as well as in academia. The program is divided into eight full Semester which will enable them to understand the fundamentals of automobiles, constructional features of automobile components, characterisation and advanced materials used in automobile parts manufacturing. During the research work, a student has to get hands-on training in various automobile parts and engines dismantling, assembling and characterisationinstruments as necessary. The program is designed for the students with a background in automobile engineering, materials, thermal engineering, other appropriate engineering disciplines, composite materials, ceramics, physics and chemistry.
Program Specific Outcomes
Our graduates will be able to apply knowledge of design, thermal, materials and manufacturing to solve complex problems in automobile engineering and allied areas.
Our graduates will create and implement new ideas on product/process design and development with the help of modern CAD/CAM/CAE tools while ensuring best engineering practices
What will I experience?
The program will enable the students to:
Identify the different parts of the automobile.
Explain the working of various parts like engine, transmission, clutch, brakes.
Describe how the steering and the suspension systems operate.
Understand the environmental implications of automobile emissions.
Develop a strong base for understanding future developments in the automobile industry
What opportunities might it lead to?
As an automotive engineer, you could choose to be:
NVH (Noise, Vibration and Harshness) Engineers
Vehicle Dynamics Controller
Pass in PUC/10+2 examination with physics and mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the chemistry/computer science /Electronics/ and obtained at least 60% marks (55% in case of candidate belonging to SC/ST category) in the above subjects taken together.
JGI Global Campus
Faculty of Engineering & Technology
NH-209, Bangalore - Kanakapura Main Road
Jakkasandra Post, Kanakapura Taluk
Ramanagara District - 562 112
+91 80 2757 7200
JGI Knowledge Campus
# 44/4, District Fund Road
Jayanagar 9th Block Campus
Bangalore - 5600 69