B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Mechatronics
Why take this course?
Mechatronics is the discipline that combines mechanical and electronic engineering. The program equips engineers with skills to design, construct and run factory production lines and automated processes, where they use their skills in computers, micro-controllers, programmable logic controllers, programming, industrial sensors, hydraulic, pneumatic and electric drives, the design of mechanical structures, mechanisms and knowledge of manufacturing processes.
B. Tech degree in Mechanical Engineering with a specialization in Mechatronics is the study of the moving parts that drive robots, electronics, and machines. This 4- year long course primarily focuses core concepts of mechanical engineering coupled with aspects of developing novel products based on mechatronic principles. Candidates are taught about electronic and mechanical systems, process control and instrumentation, and robotics and automated manufacturing.
As a broad academic discipline, it embraces mechanical engineering, manufacturing, electronics and computer technology.
What will I experience?
- Through this program the students
- Through this program the students
- Will be able to model and analyze electrical and mechanical systems and their interconnection.
- Will be able to integrate mechanical, electronics, control and computer engineering in the design of mechatronics systems.
- Will be able to do the complete design, building, interfacing and actuation of a mechatronic system for a set of specifications.
What opportunities might it lead to?
Successful graduates of the course can find employment in industries like manufacturing, automobile, software etc. Some of the companies that hire such graduates are TATA, Ford, and NASA etc. They are hired in departments such as Technical Services, Machine Designer, Packaging Engineer, Automation Specialist and Human/Machine Interface (HMI) Programming. Average starting salary offered ranges generally between INR 4 to 8 Lacs per year, which increases with experience in the field.
Major Fields where the graduates can find employment are:
- Process Engineering / Corrosion Engineering
- Non Destructive Testing Specialist
- Heat Treatment Specialist
- Mineral Process Engineering / Ceramic Engineering
- Polymer Engineering / Welding Engineering
- Composites Engineering
- Semiconductor Processing Engineering
- Quality Planning Engineering
- Ballistics Engineering
- Metallurgical, Materials Research and Development Laboratories
- Bio-medical engineering
- Nuclear energy field
- Space research / Aeronautics
Student must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Mathematics, and English as compulsory subjects along with Chemistry or Biotechnology or Biology or any technical vocational subjects as optional with a minimum of 60% marks (55% in case of SC/ST) taken together in Physics, Mathematics and any one of the optional subjects.
JGI Global Campus
Faculty of Engineering & Technology
NH-209, Bangalore - Kanakapura Main Road
Jakkasandra Post, Kanakapura Taluk
Ramanagara District - 562 112
+91 80 2757 7200
JGI Knowledge Campus
# 44/4, District Fund Road
Jayanagar 9th Block Campus
Bangalore - 5600 69
Curriculum Structure & Teaching
- Engineering Mathematics –I
- Communicative English
- Problem Solving Through Programming
- Engineering Graphics
- Physics Lab
- Problem Solving Through Programming Lab
- Communicative English Lab
- Engineering Mathematics – II
- Basics of Electrical Engineering
- Workshop Practice
- Sociology and Elements of Indian History for Engineers
- Chemistry Lab
- Electrical Engineering Lab
- Engineering Mathematics - III
- Economic for Engineers
- Fluid Mechanics
- Surveying Theory – I
- Strength of Materials
- Surveying Practice –I
- Basic materials Testing Lab
- Building construction and concrete Technology
- Soil Mechanics
- Applied Hydraulics Engineering
- Surveying Theory- II
- Structural Analysis – I
- Business Communication and Presentation skills
- Surveying Practice-II
- Construction Materials and Testing Lab
- Design of RCC Structure
- Structural Analysis-II
- Foundation Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Hydraulics & Hydraulics M/C Lab
- Computer Aided Building Drawing
- Water Supply Engineering
- Design of Steel Structures
- Estimation and Costing
- Irrigation Engineering
- Elective I
- Elective II
- Extensive survey practice
- Soil Mechanics Lab
- Elective III
- Elective IV
- Elective V
- Elective VI
- Open Elective I
- Open Elective II
- Project work- Phase 1
- Open Elective III
- Open Elective IV
- Internship / Project work –II (SEC)