Through the Lateral Entry option, Candidates are directly admitted to the third Semester (2nd Year) of the B.Tech Degree program at the School of Engineering and Technology (Jain–Deemed-to-be-University).
School of Aerospace Engineering
School of Computer Science and Engineering
School of Civil Engineering
School of Mechanical Engineering
School of Electrical Engineering
Admission Eligibility - B. Tech. (Lateral)
A candidate who has passed any diploma or equivalent examination and scored a minimum of 45% (40% in case of SC, ST and Backward Classes of Karnataka candidates.) marks taken together in all the compulsory subjects of the final year (Fifth and sixth semester) diploma Examination (Q.E) will be eligible for admission to the B.Tech courses.
- Aerospace Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
|Diploma in Mechanical, Electronics & Communication, Electrical & Electronics, Mechatronics,
Aeronautical and Automobile
- Civil Engineering
|Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
|Diploma in Mechanical, Tool & Dye Making, Plant Engineering and Aeronautical
Diploma in Automobile Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Robotics & Automation
|Diploma in Electronics & Communication, Electrical & Electronics, Mechatronics, Embedded Systems, Power Electronics, Electronics
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Information Science & Engineering
- Computer Science (Data Science)
- Computer Science and Technology (Artificial Intelligence)
- Computer Science and System Engineering (Internet of Things)
- Computer Technology (Cloud Technology and Information Security)
- Computer Engineering (Mobile Application and Cloud Technology)
- Software Engineering
| Diploma in Computer Science & Engineering
Diploma in Information Science & Engineering
How to Apply
Mode of application: Online only »
Step 1 : New User Registration
- Enter all the relevant details carefully.
- An E-Mail will be sent from Jain University to authenticate your email id. Kindly authenticate to go ahead for further applying process
- All the communications will be sent to your registered E-Mail ID and Mobile Number. Request for change of Mobile Number / E-mail ID / Correspondence Address will not be entertained under any circumstances
Step 2 : Filling online application form
- Provide all relevant details carefully, before submission
- Personal Information
- Address Information
- Academic Information
- Additional Information
- Upload your recent passport size (3.5 x 4.5cm) color photograph*. (Photo should be in .jpg or .png format and maximum file size allotted is 50 KB)
- Upload your X mark sheet. (Mark sheet should be in .jpg, .png or .PDF format and maximum file size allotted is 100 KB)
- An application number will be generated after submission
- Refer your Application Number for all your future correspondence
Step 3 : Mode of payment
- Online mode through Net banking / Credit / Debit card. Application Cost Rs.550/- (inclusive of GST).
- Coupons can be purchased by cash at Admission Office.
Stage 4: Payment transaction queries
- At the time of transaction, if the amount is debited please do not try the new application. Please wait for 24 hrs and try for the payment once again in the same registered email id.
- If the amount is not debited, you can try the payment again.
- Do not send the hard copy of the application form after the process of completion.
- Lateral Entry admissions are based on Diploma Percentage and availability of the seats
- Selected candidates (2019 appearing) with Provisional Admission Offer Letter must score a minimum of 60% in Diploma to complete the admission process
- Provisional admissions are valid subject to submission of original documents at Jayanagar campus and verification from the University
- The Decision taken by the Admission Department / University office will be final in any condition
To complete your admission process please follow the below instructions:
The balance fees (full second-year fees) needs to be paid along with submission of original documents at Jayanagar Campus.
The required original documents to complete the admission process are:
- Class 10 Marks Card (Original + 2 copies).
- Class 12 Marks Card (Original + 2 copies) (if appeared).
- First Year B. Tech Marks card / Diploma Marks cards (Original + 2 copies).
- Transfer Certificate (Original + 2 copies).
- Migration Certificate (Original + 2 copies). *For Non-Karnataka students only.
- 5 passport size and 5 stamp size photographs.
- Caste Certificate and Income Certificate (Original + 2 copies). **If required.
- Parent/Guardian’s PAN card photocopy.
- Provisional Admission Offer Letter (Original to be collected from Jain University admission office, Jayanagar 9th Block).
- Provisional Admission fee receipt photocopy.
All original documents should be submitted in Jayanagar Campus.
For any further clarifications please mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Candidate has to be present in person along with their parents at the time of completion of admission process.
For any clarifications please contact: +91- 8861944441(Admissions Office) +91- 80- 27577200 (Reception: Kanakapura Campus)
Note: Payment made through SBI Collect will have E-receipt only which has to be produced at Kanakapura Campus.
** Candidates awaiting original final semester marks card can submit it later.
Jain University - Admissions Office
JGI Knowledge Campus
#44/4, District Fund Road,
Jayanagar 9th Block,
Bangalore - 560 069
P: +91 8123855824, + 91 8861944441
School of Engineering & Technology
45th km, NH - 209, Jakkasandra Post
Bangalore - Kanakapura Main Road
Ramanagara District - 562 112
P: +91 80 2757 7200